When looking for a person that you could trust to leave your child, a day care centre is the best place of choice. Some are state and nationally accredited and licensed, and some are still in the process of being known in their services.
When looking for a child care in Coomera, there are certain factors that you should consider so that you could choose the right one for your child. Here are some basic guidelines for you to follow when you are choosing a child care centre.
Factors to consider
• Good reputation – When going inside the facility, the atmosphere should be friendly, welcoming and nurturing. If available, ask for the numbers of their current clients for you to contact them and know their opinions about the facility. If you have extra time, you could also ask parents or guardians that are outside the facility and know their thoughts.
• Ground Rules –Day care facilities should have ground rules that printed and given to any parent or guardian. They should be authoritative about it, but also be flexible enough to accommodate the needs of every parent. They should have an established regulation from handling emergencies, illnesses to their everyday operating hours.
• Curriculum – To know that the day care centre has a properly planned curriculum; it should include group programs, quiet time, physical activity, snacks, free time and meals. When the facility has video programs for the children, it should be educational to the appropriate ages.
• Qualified staff – The staff of the day care facility should be trained and has a minimum education of two years in college. They should also have basic emergency training knowledge like CPR. The staff should be prepared, responsible and enthusiastic to every child that they are taking care of. They should also keep in mind the medical history of every child so that there will be no complication when it comes to giving medicines.
• Healthy Food – The facility should promote healthy and nutritional foods, some may even restrict sweet candies for the children. If they have a serve plan, you should ask for a copy and know what type of foods they serve.
• Safe and clean facilities –You will know if it is a good centre for your child if it is sanitary and clean. Walls, floors and rooms should always be maintained clean at all times. Toilet, clinics and diaper changing area should be disinfected regularly. The buildings and rooms should have good ventilation, lighting and heated. Staffs should also clean their hands after changing every diaper.